The Basic Quiz Answers
A chiropractor's main focus is...
- Muscle discomfort like aching or burning
- Stiffness of the joints of the spine
- Pain in the spine
- Removing nervous system restrictions
Misalignments also known as subluxations can interrupt the messages coming from the brain traveling along nerves to a muscle, organ, or the skin. This leads to dysfunction and if left untreated, symptoms like pain, stiffness, and muscle ddiscomfort. Subluxations can be silent...and not have associated symptoms! Often untreated subluxations can lead to degenerative processes of the bones and discs.
Can chiropractic be used in conjunction with medical care to help a person get better faster?
- No, they are exclusive of each other
- Yes, they share similar philosophies
- Yes, especially after an accident like a car accident
Whenever a force is introduced to the body, misalignments can occur. It is especially important to have them addressed as soon as possible. It is equally important to be cleared by medical personnel after major accidents to ensure there are no hidden health problems. Co-management is quite common even without "accidents" occuring.
- Depends on patient presentation, only certain conditions
How does chiropractic contribute to health?
- Rids the body of pain and stiffness
- Restores abundant energy
- Restores the ability of the body to function maximally
A fully functioning nervous system provides the best opportunity for the body to express health! Typically, the body doesn't experience the aches, pains, stiffness, or organ dysfunction which plagues people who have subluxations.
- Eliminates disease
What is responsible for the healing process?
- Germ killing agents like peroxide
- The built in innate intelligence of the body
The nervous system programs the immune system to fight infection and directs cellular repair. If the nervous system is compromised, so is the healing process. Chiropractors ensure the nervous system is functioning at 100%.
- Bandages with antibiotics
- A certain amount of time
Can an adjustment cure?
- Absolutely not
By removing nervous system interference, the natural healing potential of the body is unleashed to fight infection and repair the cellular damage.