The Subluxation Answers
Which activity most often contributes to a person's first subluxation?
- Learning to walk as a child
- Lifting heavy objects improperly
- Being born
The birth process can be anything but gentle with forceps, vacuum extraction, C-section, and the cork screw delivery method. Many parents have their newborns checked immediately after delivery!
- Doing too much physical activity
How are subluxations detected?
- Palpation and motion palpation
- Orthopedic examination
- Neurological examination
- All of the above
Chiropractors use a combination of all of the mentioned exams in order to pinpoint subluxations. It is this scientific approach that allows chiropractic adjustments to be so successful.
Which of the following can be used to correct a subluxation?
- Chiropractic adjustments
Only chiropractic adjustments have the focus to remove the subluxation and restore nervous system function. Gentle force is applied in a specific manner to correct the misalignment and take pressure off of the nervous system.
How long does it take to correct a subluxation?
- Three times a week for a month
- It depends on many factors
Everybody is unique and subluxations are as well. Many things can influence the time it takes to heal like age, activity level, nutritional state, stress level, and other health related challenges. A big contributing factor is patient compliance with the chiropractic care plan!
- About as long as my insurance or budget lasts
- One visit
Why are frequent chiropractic visits sometimes necessary?
- All patient's get the "three times a month" care plan
- Doctors are just trying to get rich
- Sometimes the body needs to retrain the muscles, bones and nerves
Many times a series of visits are required to break the pain cycle and to retrain the muscles so a patient "holds their adjustments." Patients know when adjustments are working because their symptoms cease, energy levels increase, and maximum health is expressed by their bodies!
- That's what they teach in chiropractic school